Re (5): [Oberon] Homework on ZipTool

peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Thu Sep 5 19:16:16 CEST 2002

Pat & others,

p> ... documentation or as easily modified commands?
ETHOberon seem to prefer the latter as do I.

So the *.Tool files are really examples of
command syntax rather than rigorous definitions
except that options can shown in [] brackets.

Is the content of a Tool file, a text in
a formal language?  I believe so.  Hence
the syntax can be specified by EBNF notation.

In any case I forgot to include the .zip suffix
along with .Zip.

ZipTool.Directory [\d | \D]  Zipfile.Zip ~
ZipTool.Directory [\d | \D]  Zipfile.zip ~
ZipTool.Directory [\d | \D]  Zipfile ~  (Suffix optional.)
ZipTool.Directory [\d | \D] ^

p> Extraction of unconventional filenames.
p> Are the offending filenames clearly identified by
ZipTool.Directory?
p> It's not clear to me how to modify ExtractAll to meet your needs.

The strategy you suggest seems sensible.
If someone wants to extract a specific file
or files with unconventional names,
replacement names are specified.
When someone wants all the files extracted
they let Extractall get all the files with
conventional names and the unconventional
names are listed in the process.  These can
be extracted later using "ZipTool.Extract
badfilename1 => goodfileanme1
badfilename2 => goodfilename2 ~" as you
said.  Automation of Extractall beyond
this appears inappropriate.