Re (4): [Oberon] Homework on ZipTool

pat at picoworks.com pat at picoworks.com
Thu Sep 5 17:13:14 CEST 2002

ZipTool contents.

It depends on how you use .Tool files.
As documentation or as easily modified commands?
ETHOberon seem to prefer the latter as do I.

Which raises the question where should this stuff be
documented?  Perhaps Andre' has an opinion, he has
far more experience documenting the system than most.

For a programmer the source code is the documentation.
For those of us who need more help additional documentation
can be very useful. See Project Oberon book. Anything similar
for System3? Will there be for Bluebottle?

RX.Tool may be a useful prototype. At the end of the tool
is more detailed documentation including EBNF for the expression.

DefaultStrategy
Yes it appears the the default strategy is string matching.

Extraction of unconventional filenames.
Are the offending filenames clearly identified by ZipTool.Directory?
If so I would edit the results into a command
ZipTool.Extract badfilename1 => goodfileanme1
badfilename2 => goodfilename2
~
RX should be able to help quickly build the conversion list.
At least it should. I haven't used it yet.

It's not clear to me how to modify ExtractAll to meet your needs.
Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Pat