[Oberon] partitions extension

fischer at inf.ethz.ch fischer at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 17 22:30:29 CEST 2002

Hi Carsten and Doug,

Holzapfel Carsten wrote:

> it is possible to extend a oberon partition?
>
> and how can I do that, with a exist Native Oberon, Aos (typ 76)
> partition?

Douglas G. Danforth replied:
> I think you need to buy Partition Magic (for a windows machine)
> to extend partitions.  Pieter et al, please correct me
> if I am wrong here.

Oberon offers no tool to resize a partition directly.

The technique described in
	http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/betadocu.html
under: Copy or resize a partition
is a good substitute and it is remarkably fast
(approx.  1'500 files - of the usual Oberon size - transferred in 3 min)
Tell us about your experience later, please.

Partition Magic is by all means a good workhorse.
However, it does not recognize an Oberon partition with its AosFS.

--------
Using Partitions.Create to create a partition can be harmful
when a Windows partition is present or added: the partition boundary
can be the cause of a conflict.

André Fischer - fischer at inf.ethz.ch