[Oberon] Re: PAP and usernames with at

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 16:00:34 CEST 2002

--- eas-lab at absamail.co.za wrote:
> ---  snip source code provided ----
> jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com (jmdrake) wrote:-
> > I've tested the solution.  Let's say you have the
> userid "the at user", an
> > ISP of "my.isp" and a password of "easypassword".
> To set this you would
> > type in the command:
> >
> > NetSystem.SetUser ppp:the at user:easypassword at my.isp
> ~
> >
> > Then if you select "the at user" and click
> "Encoder.Encode" you get:
> >
> > NetSystem.SetUser
> ppp:the%40user:easypassword at my.isp ~
> >
> > Then clicking NetSystem.SetUser gives you:
>
> Does this handle the case that your <loginName> is
> "big%dog" and
> your <loginPassword> is "abc%123 at net" ?

Yes.  Actually it does handle someone using "%" in
the username.  The "%" can be escaped also.  I have
tested this.  All you have to do is to add "%" to
the "escapechars" constant.  The above strings
would be escaped as:

big%25dog and abc%25123%40net.

Note that since hex values for Ascii charecters
never more than 2 digits the ReadHex procedure
only reads 2 digits.  Therefore %25123 isn't a
problem.

> NetSystem.Mod  -> (* mg 16.08.96 *) needs to be
> re-designed,
> not patched.

At this point I don't see why that would be
necessary.  The "patch" fixes all of the examples
that you've thrown at it so far.

Regards,

John M. Drake