[Oberon] V24 - essential trivialities.

eas-lab at absamail.co.za eas-lab at absamail.co.za
Thu Dec 19 14:22:48 CET 2002

> Can anyone offer advice about establishing a terminal connection
> over a serial line (ie. not IP)?  I have a dialer which connects to
> the server and does the authentication.  The difficulty is in
> getting the V24.Panel to take over.  "Desktops.OpenDoc V24.Panel"
> gives this message.
> Can not open port, error = 1

After I got this same problems I found that after re-booting (perhaps
not essential) when I 'pasted'  "2 19200" as my new setting to the
TextField I neded to:
 <CR> to get it accepted
 <F9> to 'clear something'.

Try that.

Then start controlling your modem.
My log was (with input: keyed or pasted always followed by <CR>):

Opened ...
atz
OK
ATX
OK
ATDT7400679    <-- hear dialing and ringing
NO CARRIER
AT+FMDL?   <-- one of countless AT commands to test
AC/V34

OK
AT+FMFR?
ROCKWELL

OK

-- Chris Glur.

PS after I did the above I went on line, using n-o's dialer (as normal)
but the behaviour was NOT as per normal.
Ie. my using V24 to access the modem messed-up the normal
Dialer / ppp method. Dailing occurred, but login was different.
  I should have first closed V24 !

Now I need to re-boot ?
"2 38400 8 1 none" is also a valid setting for me, as shown by the log:
Opened ...
atz
OK
ATX
OK
ATDT4502105
BUSY
AT+FMFR?
ROCKWELL

OK

Closed  <-- now I expect n-o Dialer / ppp to enable me to post this ?