[Oberon] Bluebottle installation

Patrik Reali reali at acm.org
Thu Jan 2 15:22:50 CET 2003

I just installed the latest release and everything went fine. Thanks Thomas
for the excellent work!

> > > Yes, it was an update. I noticed nothing during installation, but I
paid
> > no
> > > much attention. I'll try again. If some thing must be erased before,
> which
> > > files do you suggest?
> > Some files like
> > AText.Mod/.Obx
> > WMXMLComponents.Mod/.Obx
> > WMM.Mod/.Obx
> > can be removed but there is no need to do this except for diskspace
> > and cleanup.
>
> After reinstallation, I got the same problem. I recompiled OFSTools and,
> after that, no more problem. Very strange.

For some reasons, the last files of AosOberon.zip are missing. In fact, they
are in the zip file, but Oberon's zip application stops after Zip.Obx and
forgets the last few files including OFSTools.Obx.

OFSTools.Mod is part of the release, so recompiling it do the job.

> If I wish to read some doc about Bluebottle, where is the entry point?
Could
> you give any links, inside or outside the release?

There is some documentation available on www.bluebottle.ethz.ch; if you are
looking for more insights that you could have a look at Pieter's
dissertation (available in pdf on his homepage).

-Patrik

--------
Patrik Reali
http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/reali