[Oberon] Hardware 3D Acc.

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 16:50:10 CET 2003

What about the Permedia 2?  That 3D chipset has
been supported in Native Oberon before BlueBottle
was released.  There was also writtena 3D graphics
language called OGL that was designed to be
portable, but only works with Permedia 2 at theis
point.  As for the specs of graphics cards not
being available, that's only partially true.
Thanks to Linux the source code for many
advanced graphics cards such as the NVidia
chips are freely available.  Now the problem
is you have to wade through thousands of lines
of ugly C code just to figure out what could
have likely been documented in a few pages of
plane text.  I've downloaded the NVidia code
myself, but I haven't taken the time
yet to seriously look at it.  Is anyone else
interested?  If BlueBottle had drivers for
NVidia and ATI chips it would be well
positioned in the 3D graphics arena.

Regards,

John M. Drake