[Oberon] Trap

mcintosh at vima.austin.tx.us mcintosh at vima.austin.tx.us
Thu Jan 23 17:57:44 CET 2003

My direct email ( mcintosa at mrs.umn.edu )

While debugging version 2 of the SMTP receiver, codenamed
"MailBottle" I received a trap in the log viewer.

1.  I don't know how to copy text between Bluebottle viewers.
2.  The highlights appear to be:

AosFS.Volume.AllocBlock pc=584
State AosFS:
AosDiskFS.AlloceSector pc=14648
AosDiskFS.WriteBuf pc=17623
AosDiskFS.File.Writebytes pc=13687
AosFS.Rider0.Send pc=133
Aos.Write.Char pc=382
Aos.Write.Ln pc=1363
SMTPP.SMTPAgent.ToFile pc=2815
SMTPP.SMTPAgent.DATA pc=3152
SMTPP.SMTPAgent.MAIL pc=3633
SMTPP.SMTPAgent.reset pc=3951
SMTPP.SMTPAgent.$$ pc=174

3.  The input sent via telnet to port 27 was

helo butterfly.net
mail from: gandalf at tower
rcpt to: frodo at shire
rcpt to: bilbo at shire
data
subject: Grew and Yhite

The situation is grim.  <Trap happened here.  Boy, Life imitates art.

Following the trap, the mouse and window manager was active.  I could
pan to the second screen, raise windows by clicking on the border.

Anything that would access the disk appeared to fail.

After this is sent, I will place the source on the net at
http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~mcintosa/Bluebottle
(this may have capitalization spelling errors ... I'm going to send
this now in case I'm just ahead of a hardware crash.)

Aubrey McIntosh <mcintosh at vima.austin.tx.us>
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
University of Minnesota, Morris
600 E. 4th St.