Re (2): [Oberon] Version control

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 22:57:04 CET 2003

--- Edgar at EdgarSchwarz.de wrote:

> The problem is that Native and Windows Oberon don't
> have XML AFAIK. I guess
> it should be possible to provide XML also there. But
> I didn't have a look
> on the code yet and so can't say whether it would be
> perhaps simple.
>
> Cheers, Edgar

Hello Edgar,

I analyzed the BlueBottle XML subsystem.  It imports
the following modules:

AosIO, AosModules, AosOut, DynamicStrings, AosFS

The DynamicStrings module compiles fine under
Plugin Oberon, the calls to AosOut can easily
be replaced by calls to Out.  That leaves AosIO,
AosModules and AosFS.  Here is a breakdown of how
those modules are used:

AosIO
  Types
    Writer
  Procs
    WriteBytes, Update, Write, Read
  Consts
    Ok

AosModules
  Types
    CommandParProc, Module
  Procs
    ThisModule, ThisCommandPar

AosFS
  Types
    File, Reader, Writer
  Procs
    OpenReader, Old, New, Read

AosModules looks very similair to the standard
Modules.Mod in System 3.  The main difference
is in CommandParProc (BlueBottle commands take
a single parameter as opposed to standard Oberon
commands which are parameterless).  Hence I think
AosModules can be factored out without too much
hassle.

I think the real work will be in porting and/or
factoring out modules AosIO and AosFS.

Regards,

John M. Drake