Re (2): [Oberon] Win32 Plugin Oberon, status report II

Edgar at EdgarSchwarz.de Edgar at EdgarSchwarz.de
Tue Mar 18 00:20:22 CET 2003

> John Drake <jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Felix Friedrich <friedrich at gsf.de> wrote:
> > I am currently working at the core of the new
> > PluginOberon, parts are
> > AosIO, Filesystems etc., so I think when this is
> > done, porting WebDAV
> > shouldn't make any problems (hopefully).
> > I would have expected, that AosIO works with
> > NativeOberon also, since it
> > doesn't contain any active Object keywords (like
> > AWAIT, EXCLUSIVE etc.)
> > What kind of problems occured when you tried to
> > assign the Sender variable ?
> >
> > Cheers, Felix.
>
> AosIO does include the active oberon specific
> keyword "DELEGATE".  It's easy to miss this
> because it has (apparently) nothing to do with
> multitasking.  Instead it's used to allow
> assigning of procedure variables to methods.
> Specifically:
>
> TYPE
>   Sender* = PROCEDURE {DELEGATE} (VAR buf......)
I feel that delegates make sense (For more on delegates have a look at C#).
But for the purpose of the WebDAV client for Native it should be possible
to do the sending and reveiving to the TCP/IP connection without this
AosIO feature.
BTW my first problem came with you AosFS. It seems like PluginOberon.Files
and Native.Files have some differences.
If you are interested I could give you some details.
But so be it. I still think that a Native client would be worth some work.
OTOH I expect it to be easier with an upcoming new PluginOberon release.

Cheers, Edgar

--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"
"http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/forum/oberon"    Running Active Oberon