[Oberon] Bluebottle, ETH Oberon / Aos 29.01.2003

fnecati at gyte.edu.tr fnecati at gyte.edu.tr
Mon May 5 13:31:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

1-
 PC.Compile \s * of the  following small test module gives no error message, even though
module identifier is different.
Builder.Compile gives the error "err  4 identifier does not match procedure name" while compiling.

MODULE MyTest1;
VAR x: REAL;

BEGIN
END MyTest.     (* => should be "END MyTest1."  *)

2-
 I played with W3dWorld stuff and wrote  a module about 3d rotation of gears ( inspired from linux gl/gear.c).
 Initialy, I used ReplaceObject() method of W3dWorld module; I create gear object render it, then create a new
 gear with different rotation matrix and replace it with th previous one .......

 This method seems fairly slow. So, instead of using ReplaceObject() method, I thought that it would be
 good if W3dWord.Object  exports  "vertices" and "nofVertices" fields, then object vertices can be changed by
 applying different matrices at runtime.
 Then, custom W3dWorld module with these changes, programs works continuously with high speed.

 Is there any other method that vertices of object can be changed with the program control.

Could you add a method of changing the object vertices in W3*** modules in the next versions.

 I can send the program module as a contribution If it is going to be usefull.

Best regards,

--
Necati Ecevit
Gebze Institute of Technology