[Oberon] WinAos: porting apps and build of Aos.exe

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Fri May 23 22:29:20 CEST 2003

Felix Friedrich wrote:

> >   Is there any guides for porting BlueBottles apps to Win Aos Oberon ?
>
> There is no experience with porting applications yet. If your application
> does not use display functions (which seems to be very unlikely), it
> _might_ be very straightforward to port it. Maybe more hints can be given,
> if you tell a bit more about details.

    Actually, I am thinking of building the apps from BlueBottle
distribution.
    I always wanted to play with Aos but could not get the latest BlueBottle
    running on my machine.

    From an earlier version of BlueBottle, the graphics system looks quite
good.

    Your port is very much appreciated.

    Would a graphical application running on Win Aos Oberon look the same as
    that runs under BlueBottle ?

> >     How can I build Aos.exe ?
>
> Have a look at aosBuild.Text (Desktops.OpenDoc src/aosBuild.Text ~)
> there you see what is compiled and a command that does the link:
> PELinker.Link Win32.Aos.Link ~
> Examine the file Win32.Aos.Link and you might guess how it works.
> Also have a look at PELinker.Tool and at
> http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/~zeller/plugins.html#PELinker

    Thanks a lot.

    Please keep up with the great work.

    Regards,