[Oberon] monitoring an RS-232 interface.

eas-lab at absamail.co.za eas-lab at absamail.co.za
Thu Jun 19 10:06:26 CEST 2003

Andr Fischer wrote:
> Here is a Bluebottle module for tracing. The Bluebottle machine is an
> observer inserted between another machine and the device it is
> supposed to control, for example a box recognizing AT commands.
> Bluebottle is totally transparent.
> It should run on the the latest version of Bluebottle which has the new
> AosV24.Mod - Comments are found at the end of the source:
> "In Bluebottle, the generalization of the serial port support lead to the
> following adjustments" etc.

Where is the vital info about the cabling, which Peter raised ?
Or is this just looking at the ser-chip's status registers (or even the
Tx & Rx buffers) to see what it hopes to send and what it thinks it
received ?

I think Peter, and definately I, want to monitor what is really
happening outside of the machine.

The first job for me to evaluate the 'Aos' source was:
Edit.Search "nstall" ==
	AosModules.InstallTermHandler(Finalize);

This tells me nothing.   Is it uninstalled after the job ?
Is the problem which n-o (ver 2001) that V24.Panel and the dialer
must 'release' the ser-port for the other to use it, still problematic ?

Perhaps there are also other people who would appreciate a
comprehensive tutorial on "tasking in n-o" ?

Chris Glur