[Oberon] Re: Native Oberon and Transmeta Crusoe

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Mon Jun 30 09:28:46 CEST 2003

> > Is ist possible to run Oberon native on a Transmeta Crusoe processor?

Why not contact Transmeta?  When I was a Technical Manager
of a PC manufacturer, we were only too pleased to get
good software to test against, the more diverse the better.
Especially if a successful test would result in even a
single sale of the product.

Unfortunately I don't have any contact at Transmeta, now
that Linus has left... ;)

Seriously, address a polite letter/email to the Chief Technical
Officer, with a link to the Native download and offering help
if they get stuck.  Keep it short and make sure the test is
as easy for them as possible.  Don't forget, they always have
hardware lying around, so preserving their existing OS is not
something they will be particularly worried about. :)

Good luck

Paul Reed