[Oberon] WinAos, new version incl. display available

Gérard Meunier gmeunier at club-internet.fr
Mon Jun 30 18:00:16 CEST 2003

> new version 1.03 alpha of WinAosOberon is now available
> download at http://www.bluebottle.ethz.ch/WinAos/
>
> - There is a display driver for WinAos now, new modules
> Win32AosDisplay.Mod, Win32.AosInputs.Mod (for absolute mouse input msg)
> - open a display via: Aos.Call Win32AosDisplay.Install [width height] ~
> - the meta key for scrolling display is CTRL
> - to make display scrolling from within a windows window, keep meta+ some
> mouse key pressed when crossing over the windows borders (windows window
> looses focus otherwise)
> - additional holding the SHIFT key while using meta+cursor keys means
> scrolling without visual feedback
> - Oberon is a seperate Windows window. Might be started together with
> AosDisplay or seperately. See Aos.Text in the distribution.
> - debugged AosActive.Timer
> - increased filename length in AosFiles to be better adapted to the long
> filenames in hierarchical file systems (Windows)
> - New module Win32.AosTrap.Mod from AosTrap.Mod for compatibility with
> Win32.AosActive.Mod
>

> Felix.

Thanks a lot, Felix.

After installation (with the Windows installer) over a version 1.02, I get
the following console log:

AosConsole: Executing: AosActive.EnableTraceDeadlocks
{ Tracing deadlocks: ON}
AosConsole: Executing: !Oberon.Start
 AosModules: Module=NIL
res: !Oberon.Obj not found
AosConsole: Executing: "Win32AosDisplay.Install"
 AosModules: Module=NIL
res: "Win32AosDisplay.Obj not found
AosConsole: Executing: "WindowManager.Install"
 AosModules: Module=NIL
res: "WindowManager.Obj not found
AosConsole: Executing: "MM.Open Menu.XML"
 AosModules: Module=NIL
res: "MM.Open Menu.Obj not found

and nothing more...

Regards.