[Oberon] [DAV] Re. WebDAV.1.1.0 released

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Tue Aug 5 22:17:36 CEST 2003

eas-lab at absamail.co.za wrote:
> I vaugely remember this is connected with:
> * co-operative development - instead of people hacking privately,
> * formally controlled versions of the iterative development proccess.
>
> Both facilities which I have been (repeatedly) advocating.
> So I though "I must make an effort".
>
> Here's the log/trace of the start of my painfull journey - for
> possible guidance (avoid the same mistakes) of others:
>
> 1. Search files of the appropriate partition for reference to
>     "WebDAV"  ->  mentioned RFC2518
>
> 2. Based on URLs of RFCs on hand, fetch
>     http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2518.txt
If you want to understand what's going on and perhaps want to help to
improve it you naturally should have a look at the RFCs and know
something about XML.

> How much effort is to be invested before usage of WebDAV
> starts paying dividends ?
If OTOH you just want to be a user it shouldn't be too hard.
Just unzip the stuff. Begin reading e.g. with es.DAVDocs.Text,
try to startup dav:DAV and complain to me about any problems you have.
As long as you have some experience e.g with RCS, CVS, VSS you should
find that you understand the concepts.
One problem you personally perhaps will have is, that you would need
either to change to Bluebottle (For which you would need my PPP for Bluebottle)
or use WinAosOberon.
Sorry, I can't help it that WebDAV is using XML and NO doesn't have it.

Cheers, Edgar

--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"
"http://www.edgar-schwarz.de/forum/oberon"    Running Active Oberon