[Oberon] Strange problems with WinAOS and WebDAV

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 00:16:42 CEST 2003

--- edgar at edgarschwarz.de wrote:
> You could't try to get
> http://webdav.ethz.ch/davzip/WebDAV.1.2.0.Zip

Edgar you rock!  I downloaded this and now Oberon
no longer hangs when I issue WebDAV commands!  I
think I know what the problem was (maybe?).
Version 1.0 didn't have support for authorization
(at least there's no reference to it in
es.WebDAV.Tool in that version.)  So I guess
the client didn't know how to respond to
that?  Anyway how do I apply for a password?

> In the newest bluebottle you will probably find a
> newer WebHTTP.Mod with
> more HTTP status codes. BTW, MultiStatus = 209.

Thanks.  So perhaps the latest WinAos and the latest
BlueBottle are slightly out of synch on this?

> > I'm not sure what to do next.
> So if you could verify whether your lockup is also
> this AosTCP.Receive loop
> and perhaps fix it, this would probably also solve
> my problem with
> WebDAV 1.2.0 on WinAos and would allow me to make a
> release also for WinAos.

Well, like I said, it's no longer hanging me.  But
I'd need a password to test further.  Maybe the
problem
I was having before (being able to do everything
except download) if fixed too?

> This would be nice, because I got a request for my
> client from the makers
> of the Tamino WebDAV server and so they wouldn't
> need a Bluebottle partition
> to try it.

Great news!  Would they be the first test of WebDAV
against a non BlueBottle server?  I have a Zope
server running and I've heard Zope supports WebDAV
though I've never tried it.

Regards,

John M. Drake