[Oberon] Native Oberon on a wireless LAN?

Bob Walkden bob at web-options.com
Mon Nov 3 13:19:34 CET 2003

Hi,

I have Native Oberon running on a dedicated Thinkpad 760 ED. I don't
use the modem connection to the internet, or any LAN connection,
because on a Dell laptop I run MSW XP Pro and connect to my isp
through a wired ADSL modem.

At some time in the next few weeks I intend to buy a wireless router /
print server to connect to the adsl modem, and a wireless adapter card for
the Dell. If possible I would also like to have a wireless connection from
the N-O Thinkpad and share the ADSL connection and other peripherals, such
as my printer.

Has anybody done anything like this with N-O? I see from the hardware
compatibility list that it doesn't support PCMCIA, but do you know of
any other way of connecting these things up? If so I'd appreciate some
guidance and perhaps hardware recommendations.

--
Cheers,
 Bob                            mailto:bob at web-options.com