[Oberon] WebDAV HOW2 [was: Char(hexA7)]

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Thu Dec 4 22:23:35 CET 2003

easlab at absamail.co.za wrote:
> Since I've got my work-horse loaded with 'pending frames'
> (other projects), I can't do a M$ (re-boot), but rather move
> OB2ULINE.Scn.Fnt to another n-o runnable machine via Backup.
> The new-char look OK in text.
> -------------
> Considering how this trivial task fits into the BIGGER picture of
> n-o/Aos collaboration:
> Q1.  Can WebDAV store/handle binary updates ?
WebDAV/DeltaV doesn't care about a text/binary difference.
The repository DeltaV is using (VCS) can also calculate diffs for binary files
for efficient storage of versions. So probably the answer to your question is yes.

> Q2.  When I last looked at Edgar's WebDAV, it seemed to have
>     many more directories than the time before. This suggested
>    that collaborators have been contributing.
Probably I'm the collaborator by adding some more stuff :-)

>    If so who is going to write the first most basic WebDAV HOW2 ?
I volunteer to transform "http://webdav.ethz.ch/nodav/src/no.WebDAV.Tool"
to a most basic WebDAV HOW2 if you and others are giving me feedback what to add
or to change. IMHO it's already a basic HOW2 but YMMV.
Later it can be copied to e.g. "http://webdav.ethz.ch/index.html".

Regards, Edgar

--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"