[Oberon] WinAos networking problems

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Sat Jan 17 23:16:26 CET 2004

John Drake <jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com>
> it from my dial-up account at work.  (I can't seem
> to get the server working right, but that's another
> post).  However if I try the ethernet connection
> at work it times out.  But now here's the strange
> part.  I can't seem to get ANY network connection
> to work!  That's right even Desktops.OpenDoc
> http://www.google.com times out.  I can still do
> this fine from PlugIn Oberon.
> So what, oh what could the problem be?
My guess is it could be the problem I encountered with Aos
(Not even WinAos) when I changed to DSL (Meaning connecting
to the gateway using Ethernet.
I finally traced it to a problem with MSS in AosTcp.Mod
which AFAIK will be solved with the new Aos at the end of the
month.

Cheers, Edgar

--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de                  "http://www.edgarschwarz.de"