[Oberon] RE: WinAos networking problems

John Drake jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 16:26:52 CET 2004

-- edgar at edgarschwarz.de
> John Drake <jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com>
> > it from my dial-up account at work.  (I can't seem
> > to get the server working right, but that's
another
> > post).  However if I try the ethernet connection
> > at work it times out.  But now here's the strange
> > part.  I can't seem to get ANY network connection
> > to work!  That's right even Desktops.OpenDoc
> > http://www.google.com times out.  I can still do
> > this fine from PlugIn Oberon.
> > So what, oh what could the problem be?
> My guess is it could be the problem I encountered
with Aos
> (Not even WinAos) when I changed to DSL (Meaning
connecting
> to the gateway using Ethernet.
> I finally traced it to a problem with MSS in
AosTcp.Mod
> which AFAIK will be solved with the new Aos at the
end of the
> month.
>
> Cheers, Edgar

Thanks for the reply.  To be honest I haven't
tried to do much networking wise with Aos proper.
(A couple of feeble attempts, but I'm not sure
if I even have the network card stuff configured
right.)

Anyway, what exactly is "MSS"?

Regards,

John M. Drake