[Oberon] Text search + FTP

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Wed Jun 23 20:10:29 CEST 2004

Edgar,

es> I assume that there are still problems somewhere in TCP/IP which are
probably also the cause of the FTP problems discussed recently.

FWIIW, the same release, Native 05.01.2003, on
another machine, FTPs to the same server via
PPP without a problem.  The problematic case
is a LAN connection thru ipmasq on my Linux
system at home.  Documentation on ipmasq
mentions various application specific problems.
In the Linux world most of these have been
solved but I wonder whether a similar problem
is involved here.  I don't understand whether
those problems are fundamentally in TCP/IP or
in ipmasq.  Another project for my list.

Regards,       Peter E.

       http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/