[Oberon] Breaking the death-spiral

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Tue Aug 10 11:24:23 CEST 2004

Jack Johnson <knapjack at gmail.com> wrote:
> I seem to death-spiral around Bluebottle, Plan 9, Inferno, Squeak and
> Linux, for various reasons.  I love Bluebottle, and it brings back
> great memories of Oberon as my primary OS, but I find myself needing
> some other service (lately CUPS for my wife's OSX laptop or a decent
> browser for my online banking)
For other services you could use Windows and WinAosOberon (Which is Bluebottle).
And if you aren't a great fan of Windows (like me) you can use Linux in the
future.
AFAIK there are good chances that perhaps still this year there will be a means
for fast "switching" between Linux and Bluebottle.

> I also like to delude myself into thinking that a single OS will meet
> my needs and curiosities.
I agree that's a delusion. Sometimes you need a hammer and
sometimes a screwdriver :-)

Regards, Edgar

--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de,       Running Bluebottle           www.edgarschwarz.de
      Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler !  Albert Einstein