[Oberon] webdav.ethz.ch, qemu LBA

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Mon Oct 11 22:58:10 CEST 2004

Hi,
thanks to help from ETH (Thomas) webdav is now up und running again.
And I promise to write the change log and package my new client release
(Which is ready for many weeks now) on the weekend :-)

A while ago there was a discussion about running bluebottle on Linux with quemu.
Jack Johnson <knapjack at gmail.com> wrote>
 OK, here's the trick: QEMU doesn't always pass the correct drive
> geometry to the guest OS, so you need to specify it manually.
> In my case, I did:
> sudo qemu -hda /dev/hdc -hdachs 77536,16,63 -cdrom
> ~/Downloads/ISOs/AosCD.iso -boot d
> and Partitions.Show correctly showed me my partition map.the CHS in
> the above command line is in LBA compatibility mode
How can I find the LBA parameters of my drive ?
Using Oberon, Linux, Windows ?

Cheers, Edgar
--
edgar at edgarschwarz.de,       Running Bluebottle           www.edgarschwarz.de
      Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler !  Albert Einstein