[Oberon] JPEG2000 in Crazy Aos Release

Pascal Lehmann palehman at student.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 17 22:10:27 CET 2005

Hi Patrick,

If the extension for JPEG2000 files is entered in the FileExtension Section
of AosConfig.XML you should be able to click any JPEG2000 within the
FileBrowser and it should open with WMPicView. I think the extension "jp2"
should be already included in the AosConfig.XML but I cannot verify as I'm
not on a BB machine right now. Note that there are plenty of other
extensions used for JPEG2000 files like j2c, j2k, jpx, etc. so you might
need to add those in AosConfig.XML as well.
You can take a look at WMPicView.Mod about how to deal with images, although
since the introduction of decoders you can simply call WMGraphics.LoadImage
myImage.jp2 and it should use the correct Image-Decoder if there is an entry
in the Decoder Section in AosConfig.XML.

Greets
Pascal