Re (2): [Oberon] Installing Native Oberon, ... continued.

shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca shark at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
Thu Apr 21 01:40:00 CEST 2005

Marius,

> I deleted all partitions. Then when I got to Partitions.ChangeType I
> was at a lost because it required a "from" type and I had none to give.

Oouuch!
"Partitions.Show ~" gives the type number of each partition.
Here is another example.
Disk: IDE0, 402MB, QUANTUM LPS420A
IDE0#00    402MB --- (Whole disk)
IDE0#01     39MB   6 DOS FAT16 >= 32M
IDE0#02     39MB  76 * Native Oberon, Aos
IDE0#03    100MB  76 Native Oberon, Aos
IDE0#04    221MB  76 Native Oberon, Aos

Note the one "6 DOS FAT16" partition and three "76 Native"s.

> I gathered from other posts here that Oberon
> simply won't boot from disk.

Booting from the first disk is easy!

Booting from another disk is a little tricky.
For instructions open "http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/betadocu.html".
Scan down to "Troubleshooting a boot problem with this command".
Read "Another thing to check ...".

Regards,             ... Peter

        http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/