[Oberon] Why doesn't it install?

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Wed Apr 27 23:12:54 CEST 2005

I'm trying my best to install Native Oberon 3, Alpha release to this
computer:

 - AMD K6 CPU
 - 144 MB RAM
 - IDE0 = 2 GB disk  -->  all of it for Oberon
 - IDE1 = CDROM drive
 - IDE2 = 2.4 GB disk with sundries

I can install Bluebottle on it, but I don't like that.

I had it running with Oberon 2.3.6, but I want to have the alpha or beta
release. The Alpha release runs perfectly from Floppy disk. After I install
it, I get a black screen and the activity LED of the HDD is off. Only a
RESET will help.

When installing I tried just about everything:

 - I wiped out the full IDE0 disk
 - Formatted the disk with NTFS
 - I followed the instructions in the *.Tools file
 - I installed Linux on the IDE2 disk and tried to use LILO to boot Oberon

Is there something silly I am overlooking?

Desperately wanting to install Oberon....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten

Jan Verhoeven
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl