[Oberon] WinAos 2.01

Felix Friedrich friedrich at gsf.de
Fri May 6 15:55:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

First of all thank you very much for your feedback, Gerard, John, Dan,
Daniel, and Thomas.

I have removed some of the early bugs from the WinAos 2.00 version
preventing WinAos to run on a Win98 platform. In particular
- removed bug in AosWinFS.FileSystem.byName and AosWinFS.File.Register0
- deactivated section Printer.WinPrinter from Oberon.Text (produced a bug
in Win98).
- reactivated Win32.Directories.Mod
- modified Win32.Printer.Mod to work (in emergency cases) without
Win32.WinPrinter.Mod
- repaired Gadgets.Tool etc.
- included all documents from the Bluebottle release
You may download the new version from http://www.bluebottle.ethz.ch/WinAos.

Good:
- Oberon runs +/- stable on my machine on Win98 and WinXP
- Less bad traps in WinAosFS when system is going down, needs some more
attention when I have time (then I will remove any HALT and ASSERT
statements from WinAosFS or add FINALLY statements)
- +/- all Oberon packages installed as they are at the Bluebottle system
including documents (as, for example, Leonardo.Panel)

Bad:
- The net system is probably as (un)stable as it was in the previous
version since I have not yet had any time to look for it.
- I could not observe the "open Menu" problem so it could not be fixed

To everybody: I still need feedback. You see that bugs can be removed in
less than a week, but only if I know about them ! ! !

Felix.