[Oberon] LinAos

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Thu Sep 1 21:18:55 CEST 2005

Op Thursday 01 September 2005 12:32 schreef Paul Reed:

 >> ... I would prefer a LinAos obviously :-)
 >
 > How about a web-based, collaborative project to port WinAos to Linux and
 > the BSDs?  I would be prepared to help with design,coding, documentation,
 > testing, or whatever.  Just not full-time. :)

The features of Oberon were: one source, compiled on many targets. If
WinAos is ported to Linux, you get a massive rewrite, I think.

Since I am not into Windows (not a single machine of that kind in the
house) I did not delve any deeper into WinAos so I don't exactly know waht
it is.

What would be the specification for the LinAos? What differentiates WinAos
from BlueBottle and Native Oberon?

Could we (did I use the WE word? Accident!) start out with a Linux Native
Oberon? That already has the compiler and infrastructure.

If we need a mailinglist, why not use Yahoo? I run several mailinglists
there. One is the Global WISclub. Our main website is at 'http://nipl.net'
where we have 'unlimited' webspace.
The URL of the club is http://wisclub.nipl.net

I have ZERO problems at Yahoo. And it's free.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten

Jan Verhoeven
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl