Re (2): [Oberon] LinAos

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Fri Sep 2 12:32:26 CEST 2005

Pieter wrote:
> Sourceforge would be ideal since it provides all the infrastructure.
> BTW I have a native oberon project lurking there, but haven't made
> much progress on it since I left the ETH.  We could reuse that (or
> start new one).
I had a look at http://nativeoberon.sourceforge.net/
So I would just use this existing project. I wanted to register with Sourceforge
but it didn't work just now. I will try again.
Then I guess Pieter will have to accept me as a developer :-)

> It shouldn't be too much work to get Aos working on Linux.  For LNO
> just a few modules had to be changed (5 or so).  The linker was
> modified to produce Linux executables.  No compiler changes were
> necessary.
I also remembered that there were only small changes.

> Does anyone know how to contact Peter Matthias?
It looks like he disappeared. The mail address given seems to be invalid.
But as I see it the code isn't too complex to understand.

BTW, does anybody have a running LNO ? I tried to install one last year
with 2 different Linux distributions but it didn't work :-(
Be careful: I mean especially the Oberon made by Peter Matthias running on Intel.
Not any other NO running on a Linux.
And if you have one I would be interested in the Linux you use.

Cheers, Edgar