Re (3): [Oberon] LinAos

edgar at edgarschwarz.de edgar at edgarschwarz.de
Mon Sep 5 23:28:24 CEST 2005

John Drake <jmdrake_98 at yahoo.com>
> I see only one minor drawback to SourceForge and
> that is the lack of a CVS client for Oberon.
> (Or if there is one I don't know about it.)  I
Pieter made one.
> had once thought about WebDAV for such a project,
> but the eth WebDAV server is down more than
> up.  (I think it's down now.  I quit trying
> to use it.)  I've tried the WebDAV client with
> a Zope webserver and I suppose a free Zope
> server could work.
The problem with the ETH WebDAV server is at least twofold.
First I didn't have time for finishing WebDAV now for at least a year.
But as you see I'm more active again :-)
Second, it was a pain in the neck to maintain the server at ETH because
somehow my VNC connection to the ETH machine running the server was VERY
slow. So it was nearly impossible to work there.
And when I have some working stuff on my notebook I will tackle the WebDAV
stuff again. Mostly test and documentation I think. And I hope to be able
to test server/client in my local LAN then which avoids the slow VNC.
So there is hope again.

Cheers, Edgar