AW: AW: [Oberon] detecting USB storage on a Belkin F5U220

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 28 21:19:54 CEST 2005

Hi Peter!

Bluebottle can handle an arbitrary number of USB host controllers. The AosUsbOhci driver should find both ones! See KernelLog for output of AosUsbOhci. It should report that it has found an OHCI host controller (and that it failed to get the second one working).
The thing with the three working ports seems to make sense: Port routing from EHCI HC to its companion HCs is statical (a given port will always be routed to the same companion HC). Your USBHC0 has three ports, the others should probably be routed to USBHC1 (which does not work).

>Sven, is this Belkin F5U220 or something similar
>available there?  If not, let me know.
We don't have one here at ETH, but at home I have a PCI USB HC card with 4 ports. I'll check whether it's a Belkin F5U220.

>Logical observation.  I can live with three ports
>while USB support evolves.
It's likely that I will be allocated to work on the USB system of Bluebottle for the next two month. The next thing to do will be to debug the USB2.0 implementation (not yet in release), so there will be (actually already is) an EHCI host controller driver (which routes the ports) and support for USB2.0 devices.

BTW: Which version of Bluebottle are you using? (The date of the release is the first thing you see on KernelLog)

Regards,
Sven

j.straube> ... boils down to the question: Can Aos handle more than
one OHCI controller or how does Aos access the second OHCI controller
(something like USBHC1 on IRQ12).

Logical observation.  I can live with three ports
while USB support evolves.

Sven, is this Belkin F5U220 or something similar
available there?  If not, let me know.

Thanks,        Peter E.

Desktops.OpenDoc  http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/