[Oberon] WinAos networking: patch available

Dan Parnete dan.parnete at fastwebnet.it
Sat Nov 19 12:47:52 CET 2005

Felix Friedrich wrote:

> Fortunately, Edgar Schwarz gave me some useful hints concerning
> ioctlsocket  (etc.) and we could therefore get rid of the circumstantial
> way of using buffers for sending and receiving while Windows has its own
> network buffers. I think that networking under WinAos is faster and more
> reliable now.

Yes it is. Thank you Felix and Edgar for the patch. Now the VNC client
didn't crash anymore in less the 1 minute, and more important for me, my
application framework finally works in WinAos2.03. It rest the w2k
problem, but Alex has already a solution, and we will sent it to you as
soon as he will implement it over the new patch. He prepared other
interesting things that you can integrate in the new version:
- full functional File Manager
- ODBC driver
- Windows clipboard integration
- full screen start (probably).
It rest unresolved the PET problem that stores only small files.

Thanks again,
Dan Parnete