[Oberon] Re: Requesting sample good LNO: oberon.log

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Sun Jan 29 05:38:49 CET 2006

Peter Matthias wrote:
> Either the X-server is protected from doing what LNO wants or
> there is incompatiblity. Have you run 'xhost localhost' ?

Yes, it writes "localhost being added to success control list".

> > Perhaps I could fix it, if someone would post me an example of a
> > succesfull oberon.log[s]; for install & run-oberon ?
>
> The older version uses X via library calls while the newer one uses the
> X-protocol directly. There seem to be some changes in the
> implementation of the protocol. It even does not run well on my
> system any more while the system still runs well in the framebuffer.
> What X-server do you use?

I don't [want to] know.
As I remember, when I installed Mandrake9, X-windows didn't operate
properly until I downloaded something about ..*4*...
Now with linux FC1 automatically installed-configured I don't know
which X-server was auto-selected.
The linux detection reports video: ATI Mach64 3D Rage IIC.

When I copy the *020127* files over to another box [via minicom]
which runs the previous version of LNO [ie. no problem with video],
I get a trap at an even earlier stage of installation.
Even when I noticed that this second box has only 32MB ram, so I
edited *.cnf for a 20MB heap-size.

Why can't someone just post me a good-sample oberon.log ?

Thanks,

== Chris Glur.