AW: [Oberon] Successful USB boot

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Sun Jan 29 15:10:49 CET 2006

Hi,

>The Jan 24th Crazy Fresh release boots from a 1GB Toshiba flash memory stick.
>The release does allow re-creation of the boot file AosUsb.Bin.
Cool!

>There are a few issues, but they may be due to my odd Configuration strings.
What issues? The only configuration string you need extra for USB booting is "BootFromUsb=1" which forces the USB storage driver to block until a USB storage device has been found and put into the AosDisks.registry.
Did it work with all host controller drivers linked into the kernel (AosUsbUhci, AosUsbOhci & AosUsbEhci), or have you only linked one if them into the kernel?

Cheers,
Sven Stauber

The Jan 24th Crazy Fresh release boots from a 1GB Toshiba flash memory stick.
The release does allow re-creation of the boot file AosUsb.Bin.

There are a few issues, but they may be due to my odd Configuration strings.

-- Aubrey McIntosh, Ph.D.