[Oberon] LNO > framebuffer > VNC ?

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Mon Jan 30 17:05:11 CET 2006

Am Montag 30 Januar 2006 05:08 schrieb easlab at absamail.co.za:
> Peter Matthias wrote:
> If you still want to run LNO you should run it without X
> in the framebuffer.
>
> So I've queried the *linux* newsgroups 'how to run a framebuffer',
> since previous googling didn't provide an answer.

If "cat /proc/fb" gives some output, you have a framebuffer. Inside X, press
ctr, alt and one of F1 to F6 at the same time. You will be in a text console
that is usually based on a framebuffer in new distributions. Start oberon
from there. If it doesn't start please send me the oberon.log file. You might
have to set some permissions (IIRC /dev/fb0 must be read/writeable) and
symlinks (IIRC /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/mouse must be/point to your console/mouse
and be read/writable). You can usually switch back to X by pressing Alt-F7 at
the same time.

Peter