[Oberon] Problems with the 24/01/2006 release -probs with Startmenu.XML

W B Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Thu Feb 9 12:03:48 CET 2006

René A. Krywult wrote:

> Are you working from the AosCD.iso image,

Yes.

> or did you install it on HDD or USB-stick?

Trying to set up for instaling on a HDD, but
cannot create a partition.

Shows:

IDE0#0 Start 0  End 39070079 Size 19077 MB Type 256 (Whole disk)
Flags are empty

IDE0#1 Start 63 End 39054014 Size 19069 MB Type -1 (unallocated)
Flags [P]

Reports and logs 'Finished' on a 'Delete' of IDE0#1 (unallocated).

- ask it to 'Create' a partiton of Size: 500 Type 76,

It flickers, refreshes the display to be exactly as above, logs
'Finished' with no size info and Flags = 1

Ask it to Format, Write MBR -whatever-  and get 'Selection invalid'.

'les invalides' in the French sense (cripples?) seems accurate
for *several somethings* here.... ;-)

> When I start from the CD, I can see stijn.skin work OK; but I can't get my Logitech-USB-Mouse to working. Therefor I started with my old BB (current version) and then installed from the zips.

The UI for that skin is missing half the old selections,

Copy-paste from the log to a text pad, or re-key the string;

SkinEngine.Load stijn.skin

- change it to 'xmas.skin' and exec it.

 From Xmas skin, the 'Look' button brings back the skin selector
and the rest then works as before.