[Oberon] 2: Have we got email send authenticate ability ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Sun Feb 12 15:54:33 CET 2006

> My ISP [without prior notice] disabled my email send ability.
> Unless I used M$> Outsp00k.
>
> Now it's open again.
> Perhaps not for long ?

No that's wrong !
Email posting [without error 517] was only enabled because of
the pop-authentication which was done just before the send request.

As may be reasonably assumed, the transmit authentication, uses the
same pair [ID & password] as the receive.

So by just doing receive authentication before transmitting, it seems
ok.

It's nice the way N-O has all the facilities transparently available
just below the surface, that can be easily re-arranged, instead of
hidden deep behind cartoons & eye-candy ?

== Chris Glur.

Now I'll see it I can post this ?