AW: [Oberon] Re: 2: Have we got email send authenticate ability ?

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Wed Feb 15 01:25:51 CET 2006

Op Wednesday 15 February 2006 00:10 schreef W B Hacker:

 > 16000 yard (1.5 Km?)

15 km.

 > local-loop from the telephone CO, hence outside the range of such
 > (cheap!)  *DSL as they choose to deploy.

Here (Netherlands), the max distance between CO and home for ADSL is less
than 5 km.

 > Cable modem was, 'downlink only',

Mine is 750 kb down 250 kb up. For a flat rate of 18 euro.

 > motor over to a Starbucks Coffee

:o) When I was in Japan in '87, we went to a sloppy burgerjoint just to
visit the western style toilets... So nothing has changed since then,
apprently...

 > Note also that the old QNX 1-floppy demo had it all built-in,
 > and configuration for a huge number of modems as well.

Ordered one of those at www.cheapbytes.com the other weekend. QNX on a CD.
The floppy was good. Hence the CD should be awesome.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten

Jan Verhoeven
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl