[Oberon] Re: USB, bloat, LNO, SCSI/IDE & etc.

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Fri Mar 10 10:13:38 CET 2006

cg> I urge other linux users to try LNO ...

Peter E. wrote:-

> Good idea.
>
> The most likely machine here is a Sparc 2
> with Linux.  Can Oberon or Aos work on it?
> Last time I checked, Solaris was needed.

No !!
AFAIK one main advantage of LNO is that it uses [mostly just]
the existing x86 code of N-O.

I'm wondering if lno020127.tgz which indicates
27 Jan 2002, is also the latest version of N-O.
I would be nice if LNO could automatically match each
newer version of N-O, without hand tayloring.

It seems that lno020127.tgz documentation already/again
changed the syntax of dial-up script, which removed the
problem of the unanticipated "@" as part of the login-ID.

The number of versions is getting out of control ?

== Chris Glur.