[Oberon] Re: Just Starting With Oberon2

Antony Tersol atersol at owl.csusm.edu
Sat Mar 25 20:06:37 CET 2006

I would heartily recommend Blackbox.  I was working on a VisualBasic database
project and was being frustrated.  I decided to try using Blackbox, even though
my experience with it at that time was very limited.  I was very quickly able to
accomplish my aims, and haven't looked back since.  It was faster to re-develop
an existing VB application in Blackbox while learning it, then it was to stay in
VB.  In VB I was finding myself hamstrung and fighting to work around limitations.

In VB the code is intimately connected to the GUI.  In Blackbox one can write
the code and interface independently and connect later.  Working with Blackbox
feels "lighter" - I felt as if heavy cords binding me down were cut away.

Antony Tersol