[Oberon] Re. Native Oberon on sourceforge

jan verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Thu Mar 30 18:58:06 CEST 2006

Op Thursday 30 March 2006 18:06 schreef easlab at absamail.co.za:

 > Jan Verhoeven wrote:
 > > Today I made a .tar.gz file available on Sourceforge containing
 > > the Native Oberon 2.3.6 operating system.
 >
 > Did you just copy the one from ETH ?

Correct. The stable release.

 > Once I read about v 2.3.7 [perhaps connected with LNO]; is
 > v 2.3.6 the latest 'stable', or why did you choses it ?

As far as I know: yes. But it might be a good idea to also make available
the release that uses ZIP archives instead of ARC.

 > > Since this is now a GPL project, I need the sources for
 > > 'oberon0.dsk' so that we can make this downloadable as well.
 >
 > Well that's perhaps 'sensitive'. I've never read about the
 > 'oberon0.dsk' sources ?

Neither do I. And no response whatsoever yet. I might ask Prof Gutknecht
directly.

 > BTW since you use linux, are you interested in LNO ?

It runs on this very machine (albeit: not now).

 > Remind me, does sourceforge use frames, forms, java-script ...
 > which N-O can't [yet] do ?

Sourceforge is mainly very s-l-o-o-w. Too many users as it seems. I'm still
thinking of moving it away from Sourceforge in a deparate domain (or on a
server in my attick, once I get that erected). Would solve a lot of
problems.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten

Jan Verhoeven