[Oberon] Re. Native Oberon on sourceforge

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Thu Mar 30 18:06:05 CEST 2006

Treutwein Bernhard wrote:
> Around three years ago, Pieter Muller has put up a
> sourceforge project for Native Oberon. He has filled
> it with a rudimentary home page and - more important -
> a tiny CVS client for NO, i.e. some utility to
> "encode" the NO binary format into a readable ASCII
> representation and upload files to CVS.
>
> see: https://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2003/003328.html
> and follow ups.

Yes, I too looked recently, and was disappointed to see 'nothing'.
OTOH I guess that Pieter Muller would have made a well
considered decision  - which is hopefully still valid.

> Maybe we should try to proceed, if Pieter
> can authorize some others with admin rights.
>
> Who is willing to coordinate?

Perhaps Jan Verhoeven will - continue, since he's started ?

Jan Verhoeven wrote:
> Today I made a .tar.gz file available on Sourceforge containing
> the Native Oberon 2.3.6 operating system.

Did you just copy the one from ETH ?
Once I read about v 2.3.7 [perhaps connected with LNO]; is
v 2.3.6 the latest 'stable', or why did you choses it ?

> I tried to upload two documentation files as well, but somebody
> seems to have to approve on this.

As you see above Pieter Muller (who nursed the N-O project for
some years - before your time ;-) will authorise.

> Since this is now a GPL project, I need the sources for
> 'oberon0.dsk' so that we can make this downloadable as well.

Well that's perhaps 'sensitive'. I've never read about the
'oberon0.dsk' sources ?

BTW since you use linux, are you interested in LNO ?

Remind me, does sourceforge use frames, forms, java-script ...
which N-O can't [yet] do ?

== Chris Glur.