[Oberon] filesystem with directories ?

Greg Haynes haynes at pcisys.net
Wed May 3 03:51:15 CEST 2006

I think a system for filing photographs is another good test for
a system for organizing files. With a digital camera you
can get so many photos that it is almost impossible to
find things in conventional structures.  If you have used
Picasa (from Google, I think) it has an attribute capability
that lets you group photos using arbitrary numbers of
tags such as date, country, person, etc.  It
still takes some time to get things organized, but I
don't know any way to get this capability just by
using a conventional directory structure. I guess this is
more of a database capability than a file system.
-Greg