[Oberon] Re. ANN, Unix Oberon ports, release 2.4.3

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Wed May 10 09:03:43 CEST 2006

Guenter Feldmann wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce a new release of Unix ports of the Oberon
> system. They can be used as guest systems on top of the following host
> systems:	Solaris/SPARC, Solaris/x86, Linux/x86 and MacOSX/ppc.

I'm confused.
Here's the heirarchy as I see it:

1- 'Wirthian' anti-bloat philosophy...gave rise to
2- Oberon language...gave rise to
3- Oberon OS...gave rise to
4- ETH S3 with special I/O, gadgets, WYSIWYG colour/font editing ...etc.

I'm enjoying the benefits of level 4: very intuitive 'head-up' operation,
with seldom need to touch the keyboard [except for new creations
(vs. new combinations of existing things) like this present text].
Ie. the whole S3 I/O: mouse chording ...etc.

Guenter's post mentioning: Watson, Gadgets panel, and even the
ver. numbers "2.4.3, 2.3.8" suggests that these Unix Oberon ports
will allow me to retain my S3 look and feel ?

Please confirm that the S3 look and feel is retained - or not.

Thanks for info.

== Chris Glur.