[Oberon] AW: USB mouse not recognized

René A. Krywult rene.krywult at aon.at
Wed Jun 21 11:26:10 CEST 2006

Thanks for the answer & solution.

Two further questions:

1) Is there any idea, when the next release would be out?
2) How do I do my own ISO-image in BB? (i.e. I want to make the change and then burn it to CD, so that I can boot from CD)

Thanks in advance

Rene
PS: When will there be a new "recent" version? It seems the last version "tested and used for several days" is of March 12, 2004.

===========================
René A. Krywult
"Gûrberen," pent i naneth dî,
"mabapadan a ce darach sí!"
___________________________________

----- Original von:  Stauber  Sven Philipp <staubesv at student.ethz.ch>:

> Hi Rene,

I could reproduce this error. At system startup, the UHCI driver could not enable ports if certain (for some it worked) USB devices were already connected to them. The driver was a bit too optimistic by assuming that the HC will immediatly enable a given port when it's told to do so...

To fix this problem, modify the procedure AosUsbUhci.UhciController.ResetPort:

Look for the following two lines:

SYSTEM.PORTOUT(ports[port], SYSTEM.VAL(INTEGER, SYSTEM.VAL(SET, status) + PortEnabled));
SYSTEM.PORTIN(ports[port], SYSTEM.VAL(INTEGER, status));

Insert a Wait(10) between them. I'll implement a somewhat more sophisticated solution that will be included in the next release, but for now, that will work:

SYSTEM.PORTOUT(ports[port], SYSTEM.VAL(INTEGER, SYSTEM.VAL(SET, status) + PortEnabled));
Wait(10);
SYSTEM.PORTIN(ports[port], SYSTEM.VAL(INTEGER, status));

Thanks for reporting the bug.

Regards,
Sven