[Oberon] Linux port of Bluebottle

Guenter Feldmann fld at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Fri Aug 25 14:41:34 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag 24 August 2006 15:40 schrieb Felix Friedrich:
> Hi Guenter,
> I am very happy to hear this! From experience with porting Aos to
> windows, I do know that it can be quite a pain.You seem to have done a
> very good job when the new compiler already runs.

I's not clear to me if we are talking about the same compiler. I use the
compiler from the BB sources I downloaded at 9. Aug. 2005. In the
Oberon mailing list I noticed that there have been changes in the
object format more recently, right? Is the current BB object format
very different from what I am using?

> Is AosActive already fully functional in the Linux version?

It is integrated and the loader uses it. But it needs testing befor I can
say yes. The next step will be creating test programs using the
AWAIT statement. Did you save your test modules? It would be a great
help if I could use them.

> I know that quite a lot of people have been waiting quite a time for
> what you are just doing. Thank you for this great news and your work!

Thanks for the flowers.

-- Guenter