[Oberon] If/why no Centronics print capability ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Thu Sep 14 09:26:03 CEST 2006

To date, I've always moved the text files from the ETH-oberon box
to another PC, via a fd0, for printing via a centronics type printer.

This seems absurd, since many/most PC's still use the parallel-port
 for printing. So ETH-oberon should also print via the parallel-port.

LPRPrinter.Tool states: "set Printer.Default to LPRPrinter.Install in
Oberon.Text .  And Oberon.Text states
> Printer = {
> 	Default = PSPrinter.Install	{* when using LPRPrinter...
> 	DefaultName = "Temp.ps"
> 	COM1 = {19200,8,n,1}
> 	COM2 = {19200,8,n,1}

Where "COM1/2" implies serial port only ?!

I thought I found 'WatsonLinks' from one of the 'printCapable modules'
which led to importing the Centronics module. Which would imply
that it is possible to use some/all 'printCapable modules' to use the
parallel port - presumably by setting Oberon.Text ?

Any info/help much appreciated,

== Chris Glur.