[Oberon] Update: If/why no Centronics print capability ?

easlab at absamail.co.za easlab at absamail.co.za
Thu Sep 14 14:19:28 CEST 2006

Previously I wrote:
> ETH-oberon should also print via the parallel-port.

Miscellaneous.PrintFiles LPT1 <FileName> ~
   prints via LPT1.  The line terminators must be appropriate.

But the font [on this simple dot matrix printer] is smaller than
when driven by linux or DOS.

I've understood that such simple printers have a default size/font,
unless special control-chars are sent initially ?

In which case ETH-oberon-S3 is sending such control chars ?
I use ET.StoreAscii *   on the text file.   And Hex.Open ^  shows that
the file has no extra leading characters.

So I'm guessing that the parameters in Oberon.Text are setting the
size.   I read:
> {* LPRPrinter also uses PSPrinter settings *}
> PSPrinter = {
> 	Resolution = 300  <-- changed from 600 as 'test' no effect
> 	Width = {210 mm}
> 	Height = {297 mm}
> 	LeftMargin = {2 cm}
> 	RightMargin = {2 cm}
> 	TopMargin = {1.5 cm}
> 	BottomMargin = {1.5 cm}
> }

How would I know if/what values are valid.
And how to increase the font size.

Thanks for info,

== Chris Glur.