AW: [Oberon] Bluebottle: USB Ethernet Adapter support

Stauber Sven Philipp staubesv at student.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 2 18:18:43 MET 2006

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, there is no standard - different vendors sell proprietary solutions.
The driver should work with most products based on the ASIX 88772 chipset, but the only device I have for testing is the Linksys USB200M Rev. 2. Some products seem to need a different chipset initialization.

According to the Linux driver, the following products SHOULD also work with the driver (after adding the corresponding vendor ID / product ID pairs):

Linksys USB200M
Linksys USB200M Rev. 2
Intellinet ST Lab USB Ethernet
Billionton Systems USB2AR
ATEN UC210T
Buffalo LUA-U2-KTX
Sitecom LN-029
Corega FEther USB2-TX
Surecom EP-1427X-2
Goodway Corp GWUSB2E

But as mentioned before: The only product I really know it works is the Linksys USB200M Rev. 2. It's quite cheap, by the way (< 30$).

Cheers,
Sven Stauber